Polyaspartic concrete coating systems are not porous, which makes them easy to clean because dirt and contaminants have nowhere to go. These coatings are also strong and the chemical resistance is much greater than that of other types of flooring. This translates to longevity, giving you a long-term flooring solution.
However, while the floors are tough, there are some things to keep in mind regarding maintenance.
Dealing with Dirt and Grime
Just like all floors, some dirt and debris will accumulate on the surface. Dirt and debris can also be abrasive. Usually, this robs a floor of its appearance. Polyaspartic floor coatings, however, has greater abrasion resistance than other types of floor coatings. This is great, but it doesn’t eliminate the need to remove dirt and debris from the floor.
Many times, a broom is all you need to remove debris.
Using Cleaning Agents
While a broom can be enough most of the time, cleaning agents may be needed. There are some rules to follow when using cleaning agents:
- Soap creates a film on floors that can’t be removed just by rinsing. The film can be slippery and make the floor look cloudy or dirty.
- Use a Ph-neutral cleaner that is diluted with water as part of your maintenance routine.
Overall, cleaning the floor is very simple. There’s no need to use harsh chemicals to clean a floor that isn’t going to stain. Many times, a simple broom and/or wet mop will work. If something is sticky, you may need a little more power, but not too much.
Using the Right Tools on Polyaspartic Concrete Coating Systems
There are also some great tools you can use when cleaning your floors. Again, you don’t have to buy the most complicated tools on the market. Polyaspartic concrete coating systems are known for their low maintenance. In fact, the owners of these floors save a lot of time and money on maintenance because they are easy to clean. This means all you need are:
- A mop to clean up minor spills or to simply clean the floor. If the floor is a quartz floor and it has a rougher surface, a rayon mop won’t get hung up and leave behind fuzzballs.
- A soft-bristled brush can be used on spills that are a little more difficult to remove.
- A foam squeegee helps you remove excess water from the surface.
- Wet vacuums are also great for removing excess water from the surface.
- Dry mops can be used for removing dust.
The tools needed aren’t overly expensive and you most likely already have them in your arsenal of maintenance supplies.
All you have to do is sweep, use your neutral cleaning agent if you need to by applying it with a mop or squeegee, mop the surface, rinse the floor with clean water, and let the floor dry. That’s it.
You will find that the maintenance polyaspartic concrete coating systems require is much less than a plain concrete floor, tile, or any other flooring types you have dealt with.
Keep Your Concrete Looking Brand New
At Concrete Coatings of Minnesota, we want the best for your home, and that includes your floors. With polyaspartic concrete coating, you will have the most sustainable, stylish floors in the whole neighborhood. For any more questions on cleaning your coated concrete or for your next coating project, contact us today!